QIC values and respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
This policy was last updated in May 2018. We may update this policy at any time by amending this page and you should therefore check this page from time to time to review any changes we may have made.What personal data do we collect
We may collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us in the provision of services.
The personal data that we process includes:
- Contact information including email and phone number
- Basic information including name (including your name prefix or title), job title and the company you work for
- Marketing information including preferences in receiving marketing materials from us
- Technical information including IP address, operating system, web browser and other technology on the devices that you use to access our website. Please see our cookies policy for more details on this.
- Information you provide as part of an enquiry into our services
- Information you provide as part of your job application and during an interview
- Any other information which you may provide to us
- Contact forms – we collect information when you fill in forms on our website or contact us via email, phone or letter
- Services – we collect information from you when you provide it to us in the course of us providing you with services
- Personal interactions – we collect information from you when you interact with our staff
- Automated technologies – we collect information about you automatically via technology tools such as cookies
- Third parties – we may collect information about you from publicly available sources, your references, business-to-business market intelligence companies and otherservice providers
- Website live chat – we collect information you input to the chat software on our website to fulfil your requirements as requested
We collect information from you in the course of our business including through your use of our website, your relationship or interactions with our staff or when you engage us in the provision of services for the following purposes:
- For recruitment purposes
- To provide services and/or information to you
- To fulfil our legal and regulatory requirements including establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- To respond to your requests and enquiries
- To manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients
- To prevent and detect fraud and other criminal offences
- To ensure network and information security
- To host, maintain and improve our marketing communications website
We also use your personal data for:Direct Marketing
We use your personal data to send you marketing communications about services, publications, science & technology industry updates, events, courses, surveys, promotions and competitions by QIC Trims Ltd. to display content that we believe may be of interest to you.
We will only contact you for these marketing purposes in accordance with our legitimate business interests or where you have explicitly agreed to this. Your agreement to the use of your personal data for these purposes is optional and if you do not wish to provide your agreement, your visit and use of our website and/or provision of services by QIC Trims Ltd. will not be affected.
You have the right to request us not to use your personal data for marketing communications. You can opt out of receiving these by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any such electronic communication or through following the opt-out instructions provided in any marketing communication.Use of our website
There are facilities on our website which invite you to provide us with personal data including our contact us form and contact email addresses. The purpose of these facilities is apparent from the point at which you provide your personal data to us and we only use the information for those purposes.
Our website also uses Google Analytics, a web-based analytics tool that tracks and reports on the manner in which the website is used to help us improve it. For more details and information on how to disable cookies, please visit our cookies policy.Legal basis for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. In particular, we will use your personal data:
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate business purposes provided it does not override your rights and freedoms
- To perform a contract such as providing you with services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations including for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- Where we have received your explicit consent
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services, for legitimate business interests, in accordance with contract, and where required or allowed under law.Who we share your personal data with
- Professional advisors including lawyers, insurers and auditors
- IT and website service providers including Google Analytics
- Third party suppliers to help provide services to you subject to the agreed contractual terms between you and us
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow external third-party providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may also provide your information to regulators and law enforcement agencies where we are legally required to do so and where necessary for the purposes of preventing and detecting fraud or other criminal offences. If legally permitted, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to disclosing your information to such parties.
However, we shall only transfer your personal data outside the EEA if one of the following conditions apply:
- The transfer is to a country which the European Commission sees as providing adequate protection for your personal data
- The transfer is to third parties in the USA who are signed up to Privacy Shield. This requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US
- You have consented to this
- There is another legal basis on which we are entitled to make the transfer
Our website is hosted on servers in the European Economic Area. We have appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security measures in place to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access to your personal data. We use network access control technology to limit access to the systems on which personal data is stored, and our IT team monitor for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website.
All email communication is routed through and stored within UK servers and UK based datacentres. All transmitted and received email is encrypted using TLS 1.2 when both sending and receiving parties support this (all major mail servers support this level of encryption.
We note that the information you provide may be confidential and we will not sell or otherwise make your personal data commercially available to any third party except that we may share information with third parties. Please see the section on ‘Who we share your personal data with’.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and the UK Information Commissioner’s Office where we are legally required to do so.Your rights regarding your personal data
You have the right (subject to certain exceptions) to:
- Access, correct, delete, update, rectify or restrict the use of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data or withdraw consent that you have previously given
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or a third party
- Ask any questions about our use and processing of your personal data
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with all rights to which you are entitled in respect of your personal data and any exceptions that may apply.
Please note that we may ask for further information from you in order to prove your identity before disclosing any personal data to you. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies, you can modify these settings at anytime to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To view a full report of the cookies in use on our website, click here.Our contact information
If you have any queries in relation to this policy, please contact us at:
Phone: +44 (0) 1280 818 950